Friday, August 20, 2010

Posted by Marie

I walk in the kitchen and on the counter I see a Revlon lipgloss.

The dining room table has a box from Sephora with stuff still in it (I dont even know what).....

Next to the television are 3 lip liners and a clear brow gel.......

I don't even want to talk about the drawers in the bathroom, the table in my bedroom, the 3 drawer storage unit in the hall or all the stuff in my closet.

I HAVE TOO MUCH STUFF!!!!! Well to put it more perfectly, I have too much stuff that I don't use......this is where Operation Sass Your Stash comes in.

I will be moving soon (Sept. 24th I get the keys), so I will officially be in packing mode...ugh. Anyway....I need to save every last dime I can because I have to finish paying off my cruise by Oct. 3, as well as have all of the money to move. My plan is to not buy any makeup from now until Venomous Villians (I have money set aside specifically for that collection-don't judge lol). Since I will be going thru everything and finding ish I forgot I even had, my goal is to revisit it...review it...reuse it....Gotta give all the neglected shadows that I searched high and low for (Style Black, anyone?) some much deserved love!

So that's my plan. At least once a week I will re-visit a product as I stumble across it. Maybe find a new twist in how to work it, or just remind me of why I had to have it in the first place!

So who's with me? Who wants to step away from the MAC counter, not click submit on that Sephora.com order, dig deep into that bottomless pit we call a makeup collection and give a little love to what we already have? Hey, you'll save some money in the process right?

Stay Pretty!

ReeRee

8 comments:

socialitedreams said...

lol, i so need to be on that gameplan....but my sephora jcpenney card is just way too tempting :weeping:

trinity said...

*rolls eyes* gahhhhh! damn you, ree! fine... (clicks "x" on qvc's website)i'm so mad at you right now...

but i know it's for my own good.

LOL ;)

Unknown said...

It's tough, but you've made the first step. For that, I commend you. :)

Unknown said...

I'm in! :D I need to do the same. I got too much stuff. WAY too much. I need to love what I have again. Haha! No NYX for me!

Marie said...

C'mon ladies! I know Trin fell off the wagon before she even got her lil self up on it good...lol. But I know we all have TONS of stuff we don't use.....it'll be like shopping all over again!

FaceFab said...

Uhm-I'm not even gonna say how bad I need to do this!
Good for me that mac isn't one of my vices b/c there's too much of it around where I live, lol!

Thanks for keeping me company on my blog, I've reciprocated!
=D

fablog.facefab.com

Drea J. said...

I don't have NEARLY as much stuff as yall *cough Trinity cough* but I'm in :) woooooot!

Marie said...

Drea, no one has as much stuff as Trin! That girl has her own damn Sephora lol......

Post a Comment

Got something to say???

Photobucket